Student Services is located on Level 1 and adjoins the college staffroom. It is coordinated and managed by administrative staff and accommodates Heads of House and Leaders of Wellbeing.
The main purpose of Student Services is to provide wide-ranging administrative support to all students. This includes:
- Processing student notes (permission and otherwise)
- Playing an important role in supporting the health and wellbeing of each student
- Incorporating the Health Centre (or male and female “sick bay” rooms), to be used when students are feeling unwell with care provided by a First Aid-qualified staff member
- Providing the option of self-referrals to the college psychologist with student confidentiality always respected (the college psychologist is based on the ground floor in a location that respects the privacy of these meetings)
- Creating a place where students can visit when they are feeling anxious or overwhelmed.
The purpose of Student Services is not limited to those details listed above and it will also serve as a “hub” allowing student access for a variety of reasons. If questions or concerns cannot be addressed in this area, they will be referred to relevant staff members who can assist. It is important that every student feels safe, happy and welcomed when they are at Catherine McAuley and Student Services plays a key role in achieving this.